I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Sunday, 1 June 2014

It's done!!!

It has been some time since I last posted on here. Time which has been spent finishing the project.

Hope you like it!!.....

Monday, 14 April 2014

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Solder Pot

I needed to shorten the throttle & clutch cables, so I made a solder pot:

Worked out well.

Monday, 17 March 2014


Looks like I've found out what the problem was.
I've replaced the ignition switch for a 'car' type switch that you twist the key right round to start. All the electrics turn on including power to the ignition unit on the first click, however, when you turn the key to start it, it cuts the power to the lights etc to give you max power from the battery, & yes you've guessed it, I took the power for the Ignition off the same feed so cutting the power each time the starter was engaged!! Doh!

Have now remedied the feed & am getting nice blue sparks from the plugs


Sunday, 2 March 2014

It's a Roller!!

I've also connected the battery & the motor spins over & has good oil pressure. 

It's not all good news though as I'm not getting any sparks at the plugs, so there's a bit of a problem to try & track down! 

I suppose 2 out of 3 isn't bad!

Friday, 28 February 2014


......are now fitted:

Should be a roller this weekend, all being well. Burly blokes on standby!