I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Monday, 20 June 2011

and another thing!

The other thing I've been pondering is whether to go for a A123 mini battery pack, a gel battery or keep the standard brand new one I got with the bike. The standard one is massive & I certainly won't be able to hide it away! The gel batteries aren't that much smaller to be honest, & the A123 pack will set me back around £55 off ebay, they seem to get a good press as they pack quite a punch & have good longevity despite the size.

Standard one against a cardboard A123 pack, quite a difference!

Mini update

Things have tailed off a little recently, I ordered a trailer mudguard for the rear & want to mount it with 'rivnuts / nutserts' hidden in the box section behind the upper shock mounting point, but couldn't get a proper tool, so ended up getting one off ebay!

Roughly positioned & marked up ready for modifying!

I've also bought a new headlight unit, & have been mucking around deciding how / where to mount it, logic says nestled centrally between the fork legs / upper & lower yokes, but.......

...I know it's a bit too high, but it has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' as they say!!

Also you can see I made the first rough chop of the mudguard.