I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Saturday 28 December 2013

Latest news

I've had the seemingly usual one step forwards two steps back! After I sprayed the frame it took absolutely ages to dry, & it ended up looking more gloss than the satin black I wanted! So I went back to the paint supplier who gave me a new tin of paint, but that meant that I had to rub down all the parts again! I got some time over the Christmas break & have now re-painted everything & it looks a lot better!!





Still, during the intervening period I've cleaned & re-built the carbs, had some parts powder coated, & fitted a stainless steel mesh to the front of the radiator:




Lastly, my 'office' has a new name:


My youngest daughter bought me it for Christmas as I always say 'I'm off to the boudoir' when I go to the shed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment