I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Sunday, 30 October 2011

Latest update....

Having pulled the engine, & finishing the refurb of the heads, I pulled the rear cover to check the state of play, discovered that the gear change shaft was bent!!

Also, had another look at the cylinder & noticed that one of them had some signs of scoring, (don't know why I didn't spot that before!), so I decided to dig out the other engine that came with the original purchase. That looked as if the previous owner dug it up from a field!!, it looked rough so wasn't holding out much hope.

I quickly removed the heads & checked the cylinders, They were fine, as was the camshaft etc. I'll use this motor then!

I will use the refurbed heads from the other engine though.


  1. Thanks - saw your bike on the CX forum, loved it!
    Also linked to your blog, but Swedish isn't my strongest language!! LOL