I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Monday 30 May 2011

Sitting comfortably - part 1

Got together with Mr Angle Grinder & his friend Mighty Hammer! & fashioned a seat base today.

I had an old dual seat from my Royal Enfield sitting under the bench for several years & thought that it would be a good starting point...
 Not a straight bolt on though!!!



You can't really see it in the pictures, but I managed to get a turn down all round that stiffened up the whole thing. I'm now waiting for the rear mudguard to turn up so that I can make the rear mounting, then I can get the foam padding from the donor seat shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment