I've gone and bought this crappy CX500, with the intention of making something that looks a bit better! Hopefully the maggot won't turn into a fly!

Not only is this my first attempt at a blog! but it's also my first attempt at creating a"custom" motorcycle!! I don't really know what I'm doing in either case, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll have to look at the photo below to see why I chose the 'maggot'!.........see something good can be found in everything!!

Wrenchmonkees CX

Sunday 15 May 2011

Tank in position.

Managed to get a couple of hours in this weekend, & got the tank roughly mounted, (just got in from watching Saracens get through to the rugby Premiership final today!).
I had to cut off & move the rear mounting plate, and tacked it into position. The front mountings were originally two rubber grommets mounted on pins on the frame & the tank just slotted on to the rubber mountings. However, the custom tank that I'm using was originally bolted to the frame, so I ended up drilling & tapping the ends of the pins to take a bolt. I will need to get a couple of spacers & sleeves made up, but that's the tank more or less sorted for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment